Corporate Law and Commercial Law
Our law firm advises and assists companies through all the stages of their existence and supports them in solving day-to-day problems.
We assist on a daily basis both local and foreign companies about various aspects of corporate law and mergers and acquisitions such as :
- incorporation of companies in Switzerland (choice of vehicle and drafting statutes or articles of association)
- setting up company branches
- acquiring and selling companies (assistance in negotiations, in writing precontractual documentation [confidentiality agreements and letters of intent] and contracts [share or asset purchase agreement])
- restructuring of companies (mergers, split-offs, transformations and transfer of assets)
- creating joint ventures
- managing relationships between shareholders (drafting shareholders’ agreements) and protecting the shareholders’ rights
- company or group organisation and governance (intra-group restructuring, drafting intra-group service contracts or organizational regulations)
- company secretarial services (updating statutes and articles of association, drafting minutes of the board and of the shareholders’ meetings, entries in the Register of commerce)
- financing (capital increase and fundraising)
- drawing up employee incentive plans
- obligations and responsibilities of statutory bodies
- winding-up and liquidation of companies in Switzerland
Our core services include advising our clients in writing the necessary commercial contracts (terms & conditions, loan agreements, pledge contracts, distributor contracts, agency agreements, license agreements, franchising and rental lease contracts) as well as during the preliminary negotiation stages and when litigation occurs.
Our activity also leads us to represent clients in procedures related to insolvency and bankruptcy law. We give advice to the management as to the measures to be taken in case of financial difficulties, and assist our clients in procedures of debt collection, debt restructuring (concordat) or stay of bankruptcy.